- The app versions remain the same:
Android: Native: 2.1.1, JS: 2.2.1
iOS: Native: 2.1.0, JS: 2.2.1
No changes have been made to the app in the last two weeks.
Website Updates - New UI/UX:
During the last two weeks the focus has been the creation of routes with a new route builder page broken down in to the key steps required to successfully create a route and schedule trips.
The 4 stage process includes:
- The assignment of a route name, for the route container to be established and default rules associated
- The scheduling of trips, with start date and time and end date, days of the week and recurrence interval e.g. every week, every 2 weeks
- The selection of saved waypoints, with associated timings and geo-fence size, to create the routepoints that should be visited by a driver, and assignment of passengers to board and disembark at each routepoint
- A save facility to create the route and schedule trips for the required duration, days of the week and interval
Bulk Upload Profile Experimentation:
We have been experimenting with a new way to create passenger and profiles profiles in bulk via a data upload, with better visibility of errors and more flexibility for accepted file formats.
A proof of concept has been created using flatfile (https://flatfile.io/) that allows csv, xlsx and xls file formats to be uploaded. Fields contained in the data file are mapped to match those required by Kura. Data can then be reviewed, with fields highlighted and errors shown where mandatory information is missing, so that these rows can either be corrected in a preview window or ignored until information is sourced, to ensure that profiles are created with all required information. Following review, passenger and observer profiles are processed and created in Kura. As before, if further files are processed and passengers and observers have been removed, related profiles will be disabled in Kura. Any passenger and observer additions in a file will create new profiles in Kura.